Swim Postponed

Apologies to all, but we have had to postpone today’s swim.

SW Winds of up to average 20mph coming in later this morning, gusting up to 27mph which equates to Force 6. Safety of swimmers is our paramount responsibility and it would be too risky, in the our considered opinion.

Replacement date is in two weeks’ time, Sunday 20th August, with the swim starting from Caldey at 11am. So all timings half an hour earlier – we have adjusted them in the event timings elsewhere on this site .

Please contact the organisers if you are unable to participate on the new date.

Advertisements

The Caldey Swim 2017

We have a few details to finalise in this year’s safety cover. As soon as they are sorted, we shall open up the online payment scheme & shout about the date. So, please be patient, we are almost there ……

Looking Good

The weather forecast is favourable, the current conditions superb, so all looking good for Sunday.

However, we shall be formally checking conditions at 7am on Sunday. If conditions change & we consider the swimmers’ safety would be too much at risk, we shall inform you by email as soon after as possible.

We appreciate many of you will have made substantial journeys to take part so please rest assured we will thoroughly consider any decision.

If you will be uncontactable on Sunday morning by email & will not have access to Facebook or this website, where we shall also announce a cancellation, please text a telephone number we could use instead to 07 971 917 496.

We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday,

Tenby Sea Swimming Association

2015 Swim

With apologies to all involved, we have taken the decision to cancel the swim: strong southerly / south westerly winds and choppy waters are not the right conditions for 100 swimmers to cross Caldey Sound. Safety will always be paramount in this event.

Thanks to all the participants, sponsors, supporters and, of course, organisers. Let’s hope we can do it next year ….