Today’s Swim Postponed

With great regret, we have had to postpone today’s swim. After yesterday’s storm, the sea swell is making for difficult conditions. And even though the forecast indicates improvements until 1pm, the swell combined with gusts of between 13 and 15 mph thereafter give us cause for concern for all swimmers’ safety.

We understand many have made huge efforts in preparation of, and travelling to, this event; however, safety must always be paramount in all our decisions. So disappointment all round.

Consolation, if available to you, will be the deferred date of the 26th August, with a start time of midday, ie 45 minutes earlier. If you can’t make the new date, please email us for your refund.

Advertisements

Nearly there

On August 12th, leaving from Caldey’s Priory Beach at 12.45, this year’s swim is almost upon us.

The swim is now fully subscribed and has a waiting list. Many thanks for the support from our sponsors. This year’s beneficiaries are Tenby Lifeboat and Tenby Surflink. And there are still places available on the spectators’ boat – phone Val Coates Rees on 07 473 178 701 to book spaces.

Fingers crossed for a temperate day and flat seas. If you’d like to watch the swimmers coming home, Castle Hill offers a great vantage point. The swimmers are likely to finish the 2.5 mile open sea course from about 13.25 onwards. They would certainly appreciate your support ….