Swim Postponed

Apologies to all, but we have had to postpone today’s swim.

SW Winds of up to average 20mph coming in later this morning, gusting up to 27mph which equates to Force 6. Safety of swimmers is our paramount responsibility and it would be too risky, in the our considered opinion.

Replacement date is in two weeks’ time, Sunday 20th August, with the swim starting from Caldey at 11am. So all timings half an hour earlier – we have adjusted them in the event timings elsewhere on this site .

Please contact the organisers if you are unable to participate on the new date.


8 thoughts on “Swim Postponed

  1. Hi, If there are any places available on the 20th could you place me on the waiting list?

    Regards Alan

    Sent from my iPad


    • Please go to the Swimmers section of this site; there you will find an Entry Form & a link to online payment.
      Look forward to hearing from you,

    • Given the changes in weather we experience in the UK, and the changes in weather forecasts, there’s not much I can say, Andy.
      As we draw nearer, the forecast is likely to become more informative but we won’t make a decision about the swim proceding until 7am on swim morning.

  2. Hi – I’m unable to make the 20th so requested a refund as per the email that came through from the Events website. I haven’t received a reply – is this correct, and do I just wait to see if it’s credited to my account? Thanks.
    (Good luck 20th swimmers!)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s